build a blog
step-by-step instructions for building & using a blog as an effective marketing strategy for your little biz
a blog helps you connect with your reader in a way that a static website does not. it helps you demonstrate your expertise, share your brand message & passion, build trust & loyalty. it is great for your SEO and drives traffic to your ‘shop’. a blog is a low-cost marketing strategy that any little biz can use; you do not need to be a writer, be an expert, or have technological skills, you just need passion for what you do and why you do it. even if you have already started a blog for your little biz, this blueprint will help you make it better!
inside this blueprint…
- this is what i want you to do.
- brainstorming guide | making the most of the blueprint
build a blog
- what is a blog?
- blogging is about communication.
- why would i give away my expertise for free?
- brainstorming. chatting with your customers.
step 1 | BRAND MESSAGE - HOW to blog it
- your brand is a message. your brand is communication.
- your business framework is made up of you, your product, your target, and the marketplace.
- brainstorm. your framework.
step 2: PURPOSE – WHY blog
- be an example of what it is you have to offer. live your brand message.
- a blog is a place to engage with your customers
- brainstorm. purpose.
step 3: CONTENT - WHAT to write about
- tips for building content for your blog.
- write about.
- find inspiration.
- different post types.
- key words.
- doing the writing.
- resources for writing blog posts:
- brainstorm. blog topics.
step 4: IMPLEMENT - WHERE to blog
- blogging platforms.
- blogger - the free blogging platform offered by google
- wordpress – the most popular blogging and website option for online businesses
- squarespace – a great DIY option that allows you to start a blog or build a full website
- which option do i chose?
- branding your blog.
- brainstorm. implement.
step 5: TARGET - WHO is reading your blog
- finding readers & getting more traffic.
- tips to get readers visiting your blog.
- brainstorm. target.
- guest posting guide | a plan for submitting & receiving guest posts
- finding blogs
- creating connections
- writing a pitch
- guest posting guidelines
- guest posting etiquitte
step 6: PLAN – WHEN to post
- creating an editorial calendar
- brainstorm. blogging calendar.
- printable | post plan
- printable | time plan
step 7: MEASURE – WATCH your blog
- tracking & measuring your results – what is your return on investment?
- what you should be watching:
- what this information can tell you:
- they need to love it.
- you need to love it.
- ptintable | marketing plan | strategy: build a blog
- printable | your little biz framework
- inspiration board guide | creating a visual picture of your blog